Listen Live on  

106.5 The Lake

We Play Anything in Cleveland

Woman badly burned in Elyria house fire

Posted May 10th, 2014 @ 5:40pm

(Elyria)  Fire crews and Columbia Gas Company representatives were on the scene of a house fire and small explosion Saturday morning around 11:30.

A woman suffered severe burns and was taken to Elyria Memorial Hospital.  She may have been transferred to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland.

Firefighters say when they arrived, the house was full of thick smoke and flames.

The woman reportedly told neighbors that she lit a cigarette and everything blew up.

The gas company is inspecting the home's gas equipment.

(Copyright 2014 Clear Channel----All Rights Reserved)

Recommended Stories

More from 106.5 The Lake